Our Vision at Surf ATL
I’m a surfer. I live in Atlanta. These statements don’t traditionally go well together.
However, the vision of Surf ATL is to connect, grow, and foster the joy of riding waves here in Atlanta.
We want to take it to the next level.
We can’t get anywhere alone. To achieve a larger vision, we need a group of people paddling (pun intended) in the right direction.
So whether you’re a landlocked surfer, a wake surfer or wakeboarder, a paddleboarder, or just someone who loves the water, join us and get involved!
What does it mean to get involved?
- Share, Follow & Sign Up: If you’re out surfing in our lakes or rivers or somewhere else, tag us and follow us on our Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts and sign up for our community updates via email at the bottom of our website and, of course, follow this blog!
- Show up & Share: We don’t want to just build a digital community but a community where we can physically share, learn and grow together. As we announce events via email, social media, or other channels, show up and share!
- Represent the Community: Tell your friends and family about what we are building here in Atlanta or just show them! Head over to our store for Surf ATL gear and if there is something you don’t see or want, let us know!
Have ideas about how to grow the community or want to help lead? Reach out to us here!
There is pure joy in riding waves. Yes, even in Atlanta (and maybe especially so). Anyone who has ridden a wave knows that feeling of joy.
So how does Atlanta become wave-focused? Via the community we build and the technology we gain, we will build a stronger surf culture in Atlanta.
- Community Access: The bigger and stronger surf community we build, the more resources, knowledge, and individual gifts we will be able to share with others. And of course, our love for riding waves will permeate through all of this.
- Technology Advancement: Whether it’s behind boats, in rivers, or wave pools, wave-riding technology is hitting a crescendo and as a community, we will strive to bring these technologies to Atlanta so they are at our fingertips (and, more importantly, beneath our feet).
Accessible for All
The beautiful part about riding waves along the coast is you just need a board and a hope for swell.
Although we need various forms of technology to rides inland waves, let’s make riding waves accessible to all ages, experience levels, and physical abilities.
This includes connecting those who’ve never seen an ocean or a wave to the joy we’ve all felt. Or even those who we would assume to be physically incapable — adaptive surfing is just another way to make the joy of riding waves accessible.
Your Vision is Our Vision
We will be writing plenty more about the nuances of this larger vision along with the ideas, events, and growth we have planned but without you, it is all moot.
So engage, share and connect!
Or if you want to reach out to us with questions, ideas, or just general good vibes, contact us here!